One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R
International Visiting Professor
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology
Each OnePageR module is actually made up of multiple pages! Each page within a module is a one page guide that covers a particular aspect of the topic under review.
The OnePageRs can be worked through as a hands-on guide and then used as a reference guide. Each page aims to be a bite sized chunk for hands-on learning, building on what has gone before. Many modules also have a lecture pack and a laboratory session where a number of tasks can be completed.
The R code sitting behind each OnePageR module is also provided and can be easily run standalone to replicate the material presented in the module.
The material is always under development! Modules will change (and hopefully improve) regularly, but links preceded with a * are more well developed. Feedback, suggestions, and ideas are more than welcome.
Refer to the Data Mining Survival Guide or my book on Data Mining with Rattle and R: The Art of Excavating Data for Knowledge Discovery (Use R) for related material.
Many of the initial modules were developed and tested whilst visiting the Shenzhen Institutes of Technology as an International Visiting Professor of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The data used across the modules is available for download as data.zip.
- Templates for the Data Scientist
- Getting Started as a Data Scientist
- Getting Started with R and Rattle: *Lecture - *Laboratory
- Introducing and Interacting with R: *Lecture - *Laboratory
- BasicR - OnePage(R) - Writing R scripts
- Dealing With Data
- Read Data into R: *OnePageR - *R
- Explore and Summarise Data: *OnePageR - *R
- Transform Data: *OnePageR - *R
- Dealing with Dates and Time: (PDF, R) Dates and Time
- Visualising Data with GGPlot2: *OnePageR - *R
- Visualising Data with Maps *OnePageR - *R
- Spatial (R) Spatial Analysis
- Handling Big Data *OnePageR - *R
- Descriptive Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Decision Trees: *Lecture - *OnePageR - *R - *Rattle
- Ensembles of Decision Trees: *Lecture - *OnePageR - *R
- SVM (R)
- KernLab (R)
- NeuralNetworks (R)
- NNet (R)
- Model Delivery
- Evaluating Models: *OnePageR - *R
- Evaluation (R)
- Scoring (R)
- PMML (R) Exporting Models for Deployment
- Advanced Topics
- Advanced R Topics
Other great resources for modular approaches to learning R include:
Other Togaware resources:
- CUNY NSF Workshop - March 2014
- AusDM-2013 Tutorial - November 2013
- IDEAL-2013 Tutorial - October 2013
Local package archive:
- install.packages("rattle", repos="http://rattle.togaware.com", type="source")
- install.packages("wsrf", repos="http://rattle.togaware.com", type="source")
- install.packages("wsrpart", repos="http://rattle.togaware.com", type="source")
- install.packages("wskm", repos="http://rattle.togaware.com", type="source")
One Page R by Graham Williams is Copyright © 2012 – 2014 Togaware Pty Ltd and is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Last Modified 2014-03-02 11:21:32 gjw